The objective of this project is to develop an algorithm for splitting of radio resource scheduling. The functionalities should be split between radio remote heads and (semi-) centralized baseband units. The splitting should dynamically allocate resources for management of scheduling to individual nodes according to various indicators related to network’s status. To that end, it is expected to develop also management protocol to control and optimize the functional splitting. The solution will be verified and tested in a mobile network
C-RAN, Scheduling, Functional split
Major results and publications
- IEEE Communications Magazine, volume 59, no. 4, 2021.
- US patent US10849139B2, 2020.
- US patent US10798722B2, 2020.
- US patent US10624105B2, 2020.
- 10/2016 – 09/2019
- Project no.:
- --industrial contract--
- Zdenek Becvar
- Pavel Mach, Michal Vondra, Jan Plachy, Mohammed Elfiky