The main aim of the project is to merge concepts of device-to-device (D2D) communication and visible light communication (VLC). The merging of D2D communication and VLC enables considerable increase in capacity of future mobile networks since VLC is capable of providing superior data rates, in comparison to conventional radio frequency communications. Furthermore, the proposed concept allows to save overloaded radio frequency spectrum. As the idea of combination of D2D and VLC is new and has not been tackled by researchers yet, we will have to address several key fundamental challenges to fully exploit synergy effects gained by the combination of D2D and VLC.
Device-to-device, Visible Light Communication, Radio Frequency, Communication Control
Major results and publications
- IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, volume 20, no. 7, 2021.
- IEEE Wireless Communications Letters, volume 9, no. 10, 2020.
- Wireless Networks, volume 26, 2020.
- IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference (IEEE VTC-Spring 2020), 2020.
- IEEE Global Communications Conference (IEEE Globecom 2019) workshop on Machine Learning for Wireless Communications, 2019.
- IEEE Wireless Communications Letters, volume 8, no. 4, 2019.
- IEEE Access, volume 7, 2019.
- IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference (IEEE VTC-Spring 2018) recent results, 2018.
- IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference (IEEE VTC-Spring 2018), 2018.
- IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (IEEE PIMRC 2017), workshop on Coexisting Radio and Optical Wireless Deployments, 2017.
- 01/2017 – 12/2019
- Project no.:
- Czech Science Foundation (GACR)
- ~240k EUR
- Pavel Mach
- Zdenek Becvar, Mehyar Najla, Toha Ardi Nugraha